Thursday, June 6, 2013

Asparagus, Pea, and Saffron Risotto (with Shrimp)

Fancy  name!!

I learned about arborio rice. All I learned is that there is rice called arborio. Just fancy shaped rice. Moving on...

Since I don't drink alcohol, I never have wine on hand for recipes that require it and I don't want to go buy a whole bottle of wine when I only need less than a cup. About a month ago, I discovered small bottles of cooking wine!! Did y'all know those existed?! I DIDN'T!!!

I now have bottles of red and white cooking wine and I finally got to use one of them with this recipe. The joys of my life have somehow switched to cooking wine and my child having a hard poop. Hooray for hard poo poo!!

When making this for the first time, it can seem daunting because of all of the directions and the time limits/time frames and what not. Plus there is just a lot going on. It took me about an hour to knock this one out. I don't think it will take as long next time.

There WILL be a next time!! This was delicious!! I gave it a 7.5 out of 10. And I gave my kid's poo a 10 out of 10!!


Under the sea (under the seaaaaa)...
http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/7856240/asparagus-pea-and-saffron-risotto-with-shrimp/

No comments:

Post a Comment