Saturday, June 8, 2013

Asparagus Scrambled Eggs with Bacon & Cheese

I'm adding one of my own yummy meals to the blog for today. This recipe is an offshoot of a recipe I have in a "Cook This, Not That" cookbook. I like my version better so that's why I'm sharing it. The ingredient list is simple:

I didn't feel like fitting 8 eggs on the board.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of asparagus
Colby Jack cheese (handful)
8-10 slices of cooked bacon
8 eggs
1 tbsp. butter
salt & pepper to taste


What I love about this meal is that the asparagus adds a nice crunch to the soft eggs and cheese and then the bacon comes in there and just blows your taste buds up!!

1. Add butter to skillet over medium heat. Chop asparagus into 1" pieces and throw (not literally) into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook until semi soft (7-10 minutes).

2. In the meantime, if you're lazy like me, microwave your bacon. Also, put your eggs into a bowl, stir until well mixed then grab a generous handful of cheese and chunk it in the bowl. Stir together. Add more salt and pepper if you're feeling funky.

3. When your bacon is done, cut it up into small pieces, about 1 or 2 inches. Once the asparagus starts to REALLY smell good, dump in your egg/cheese mixture and your bacon. This part cooks fast so be ready, ninja spatula skills on high alert.

If you want variation with this meal, you can substitute ham or salmon for the bacon and try different types of cheeses. The original recipe calls for Feta, and I'll admit that it's pretty good.

So I hope you try and enjoy my creation because Husband and I tore this up this morning!!


No comments:

Post a Comment