Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chicken & Asparagus Stir Fry

I could very easily make a pro/con list for this recipe.

Pro:
- I was able to use leftover rice from the nasty Santa Fe Chicken recipe.

Cons:
- Everything else.

This was an absolute warfare attack on my taste buds. I guess I could equate it to bird poop landing in your mouth. This was SO SO SO nasty that I took about 3 bites and starved to death that night. I love Husband because he will eat anything I cook, just because I cooked it. But he struggled with this one. He deserves a fist bump and a beer.

My first problem is the so called marinade. 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of honey to marinate TWO chicken breasts? Please.

And the scallions? I get shallots, scallions and scallops confused. You probably do too. So instead of scallions, I accidentally used shallots. I'm sure it would have been extra nasty had I used scallops. But I REALLY don't think that was the problem!! Plus I would prefer that the entire world just use the words "chives" instead of green onions/scallions. Perhaps it's a Texas thing.

So I think the big, huge, GIGANTIC turn off was the sesame oil. I mean, holy crap. It was awful.

There, you have my review of this recipe. I hope you weren't super excited to try this one because I know that I totally just burst your bubble.


I DARE you to try this and tell me you liked it!!
http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chicken-and-asparagus-stir-fry/

No comments:

Post a Comment