Friday, June 7, 2013

Coffee & Roasted Almond Chocolate Bark

My first week of summer was AMAZING!!! There have been pros and cons.

Pros:
- tons of mommy time (if I'm paying for daycare, might as well take him, right?!?)
- kind of get to sleep in
- lots of catching up on DVR & Netflix (holla!)
- clean house
- uninterrupted blogging
- time to sit down and read my book
- toast and coffee in the morning can take however long I want

Cons:
- I started the workout program Insanity (puked on the first day)
- I'm working out
- it hurts
- my fat jiggles so much that I'm pulling out wedgies every two seconds
- it hurts
- I have to get up semi early to get the kid to daycare so I can start before it gets too hot
- it hurts

And worst of all...
- I'M CUTTING BACK ON SWEETS!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
- AND Dr. Pepper. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But don't worry, I will still be making them, just to make them, but I will take the majority of it to daycare for those girls to eat because I'm sure after you've worked with toddlers all day, sweets are just what they need.

I made this treat before I decided to tackle my rear end and cellulite. If you've ever had chocolate covered espresso beans, then you can imagine what this stuff would taste like. Pure heaven. It was easy enough to make and yes, it tasted good but I have one gripe.

I did it the thickness the recipe said to but it never got hard, it was soft and pliable so it didn't give me the yummy/crunchy effect I was hoping for. Yet, still good. Next time (if there is one), I will make it less thin and maybe freeze it before indulging in it.


Mmmm...
http://www.lovefoodeat.com/coffee-roasted-almond-chocolate-bark/

No comments:

Post a Comment