Saturday, March 29, 2014

Apple Nachos

I think I pinned this one before baby was born, which was 2 1/2 years ago! Just now getting to it. Kind of.

I went my own direction with this but got the general idea from this pin...


This calls for peanut butter. That is the yumminess you see drizzled on there. Well, I had just made apple cider caramel sauce that I found in a Southern Living Magazine. I didn't know what I was going to use it for but I made it anyway. It looked tasty!!





After stewing on it a bit, I realized that I could make apple nachos since I thought I had everything in the picture. I had the apples, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, pecans (chopped) and instead of peanut butter, I drizzled my caramel sauce over them. I had a blast putting this together! I was expecting fireworks in my mouth!! Take a look at the final product...




They LOOK good, right?! Meh. Instead of fireworks, I had a big fat "pffffff". Totally lame. Two bites and they went in the trash. I am sure the original recipe is 10x better than this pile of junk.

http://www.allysonkramer.com/2011/10/apple-nachos/

No comments:

Post a Comment