Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Potato Topped Mini Meatloaf

I follow a Pinterest board from Kraft and have recently pinned a lot of recipes from them. I tried this one out a couple of weeks ago.


I was hesitant to try it out only because I know Husband's fondness for real mashed potatoes over instant mashed potatoes but I told myself that if he didn't know they were instant, maybe he wouldn't notice.

My first problem that I encountered was finding the stuffing mix. I searched the whole store twice then finally caved and asked someone (I have a slight phobia of talking to strangers). She pointed me to the bottom corner of an aisle and there were about 40,000 choices for stuffing. The recipe just says "stove top stuffing mix" and there was not ONE box that said simply that. It was either herbed up, for pork, for chicken, with this flavor and that flavor so I just got the stuffing mix for cornbread.

Unfortunately, Husband noticed the empty bags of instant potatoes and made a comment. I had a two word reply for him.

I tried to get the final product to look as close to the original as possible. The meatloaf held up pretty well considering I have no clue if I got the correct stuffing mix or not.


Mine could almost pass for the original!! When we all sat down and ate, I asked Husband how he liked it. The first comment out of his mouth was "I wish they were real potatoes". After my backlash, he had nothing but nice things to say so this recipe is a keeper and the next time I make it, I will still be using instant mashed potatoes :)

http://thepinningpirate.blogspot.com/2014/03/potato-topped-mini-meatloaf.html

No comments:

Post a Comment