Saturday, April 6, 2013

Roasted Asparagus

You know how you have those side dishes or recipes that you always make a certain way and you NEVER deviate from because they're just so good the way they are?

That's my asparagus. My asparagus is so good MY way. Every time I make it for a group, they always ask how I do it and want the "recipe". So I'll share my way.

I put the asparagus in a casserole dish and pour olive oil over it. I toss it to get it nice and coated. I add a good helping of garlic salt, regular salt and pepper. I toss them some more and roll them around. I do another round of garlic salt, salt and pepper and top with sesame seeds. If they are the big, fat asparagus, I cook on 400 for about 25-30 minutes. If they are the skinny asparagus, I cook for about 15-20 minutes. They are soooooo good.

But I jumped outside the box and decided to try this new asparagus flavor. I've never been a fan of lemons but after a lemon green beans/potato recipe, I was hooked. I've never played much with herbs because the few I've tried, I didn't like. Oregano, basil, ewwww...

This recipe called for lemons and rosemary. I learned that I don't like rosemary. The lemon flavor was ok but after having my yummy asparagus, I learned that nothing lives up to MY asparagus concoction. But if you like lemons and rosemary, they you will probably like this.


The original looks so yummy though!!
http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2012/04/roasted-asparagus/

No comments:

Post a Comment