Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops With Parmesan Mashed Potatoes


With a title like that, you can't really go wrong.

Or can you? Depends on if you follow the recipe...

I only messed up a little bit. Twice actually. It happens to the best of us. It's hard to concentrate when baby is pulling on my leg "MAMA!!!MAMA!!!" as I'm trying to read the recipe and saying "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!"

When I went to the store for pork chops, the store was having a buy one get one free sale. So I bought a total of 16 pork chops for about $10. SWEET! My recipe called for 6. When it was time to start this recipe, I took my first 4 pack out, put them in the crock pot and I guess got distracted. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on so I probably stopped to do the hot dog dance with baby and lost my train of thought.

I got a bowl and mixed my cream of chicken soup and ranch and then poured them over my 4 pork chops. I still hadn't figured out I was lacking a few pig parts. You know, I really wish I could be a vegetarian because I hate that an animal had to die for me to eat, but meat is just so good. So moving on...

I turned the crock pot to high and dealt with a cranky kid with his hands down his pants for a few hours. When it was time to cut the potatoes, I was singing that "head and shoulders, knees and toes" song in JAPANESE in my head. Thank you fancy app... atama, kata, hiza, ashi..hiza ashi....atama, kata, hiza, ashi....hiza ashiiiiii....la la la la, I can't pronounce the words, atama, kata, hiza, ashiiiiii, HIZA ASHI!!!

So in doing so, I forgot to peel the stupid potatoes. Oh well, right? Right. After mashing them, and adding all the necessary ingredients, they tasted sooooo yummy.

When everything was good to go, I started the chef creation I saw in the picture on Pinterest. I plopped the potatoes down, slapped the pork chop on top and slathered sauce on top. Add some strawberries on the side and this dinner is ready...

Top 10 best dinners EVER!!! This was so dang tasty.

Next time, I will be adding another can of soup because there just wasn't enough leftover sauce to go around. I'll also probably actually make 6 pork chops too.



Yeah baby!!
http://realmomkitchen.com/287/ranch-house-crock-pot-pork-chops-with-parmesan-mashed-potatoes/

No comments:

Post a Comment