Sunday, April 14, 2013

Low Carb Stuffed Peppers

I have officially decided I want to start eating healthier. All these oreos and oatmeal cream pies and dr. peppers and cheetos (and I mean cheeeeetooooooos) and fast food have made me feel a bit blah and my thighs are now touching, which is my breaking point.

When I actually have the time and energy to work out this summer, I plan on starting Insanity. "Plan" being the key word. I might do one motion, huff and puff for a few minutes and then try something else, but I "plan" on doing it.

I've also started up with choosemyplate.gov that helps you stay on track with what you need to eat everyday and types of foods that are good for you, etc. all while on a descent budget. We'll see how that goes.

So since I'm on the topic of healthy eating, I tried this delight of a recipe. It looked dang good even though I hate turkey. Every time I think of turkey, I think of this video. Makes me laugh out loud every time.

The recipe seemed simple enough and was easy to put together. It cooked just like the directions said it would but when all was said and done, there was a huge puddle of juice in each pepper and in the pan. What I would probably do next time (which there WILL be a next time since Husband liked it) would be to put the pepper on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet. Also I would poke a few small holes in the bottom with toothpicks to let it drain during cooking.

In the end, to me, they were hard to eat and I didn't really like them. As soon as you take your knife to cut a piece off, another piece falls apart and then the piece you try to stab with your fork falls apart. So you have two differing opinions to go off of. Although, I would trust me if I were you...


I'll have taco bell next time...
http://martinfamilymoments.blogspot.com/2012/09/low-carb-stuffed-peppers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment