Thursday, July 12, 2012

Taco Roll Ups

Disney family stuff is supposed to be good, wholesome, and HONEST, right? Well I'm here to tell you that Disney is dishonest. They are selling something that is not real. And in this case, I mean "selling" by showing you a DELICIOUS picture and then faking....you....out.

I'm talking about the Disney Family Fun Magazine Taco Roll Ups! Look at the picture and you will see a fancy rolled up thing, cheese, beef, tomatoes, corn, rice AND cilantro. Now I blame Disney for half of this failure, and myself for the other half. Although to save face I'll just say it's all Disney's fault.

To start off with, I didn't realize as I looked at the ingredients I needed to buy that tomatoes, rice, cilantro and corn weren't on the inventory list. FIRST mistake for not noticing that. Then after I was done rolling them and cut them, they just looked like a fat, nasty burrito that had been hacked into two pieces. This entailed the SECOND mistake.

Mistake #1- If I had realized that half of what was in the picture wasn't on the ingredient list, I probably would have been too mad to even make the stupid things and boycotted Disney (except for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins on Disney Junior in the mornings). After ranting and raving about it to husband, he very nicely informed me that the tomatoes were more than likely part of the salsa. Ugh. Husband:1-Wife:0.

Mistake #2- When it was time to roll them up, I just plopped a heaping spoonful right down the middle and rolled up the thing like a burrito. I'm not always the sharpest knife in the block so it didn't occur to me to slather the mixture all over the tortilla and THEN roll it up, hence giving a nice roll up effect. My bad. It's still Disney's fault though.

To sum it up, the taste was beyond boring and it was boring to look at. I will not be making these again. Even WITH the corn, rice and cilantro! Take THAT Mickey Mouse!!

Yikes.

If you want to go against me, here you go...

No comments:

Post a Comment