Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stuffed Zucchini

I might, for once, actually have a winner on my hands. I've had nothing BUT winners before I started this blog so I think this thing has somehow jinxed me but I will overcome. I always do.

After looking at this picture I was foreseeing myself looking super talented in the kitchen area if I could just be able to recreate this, taste and look. While I was reading through how to fix it, she lost me at "aged cheese" and I threw up in my mouth a little. To me, aged cheese is MOLDY cheese so no thanks.

First off, I didn't use bacon because I only like bacon in full on bacon----->my mouth form. No other way. I also left out the curry. That is just about the foulest tasting and smelling thing on the Earth (aside from "aged cheese"). And did you know that spooning out the guts of a zucchini is not as easy as it looks or sounds? Oh no, that stuff ended up all over me, my baby and the kitchen. Gives new meaning to "fling".

Other than all the fun stuff above, the recipe is very easy and quick. I would recommend getting the fattest zucchini you can find because long and narrow didn't leave much room for stuffing. It was all pretty easy to throw together but instead of "aged cheese', I opted for monterrey jack and that turned out just fine. I tried to make mine LOOK better than hers by topping it off with parsley flakes of my own liking but hers still blows mine out of the water. I'm sure it tasted better too with her fancy bacon and curry. But you know what?

Mine was still good!! If the husband will eat it again, it's a winner.



Here is the link!
http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/stuffed-zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment