Monday, July 9, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

Fajitas? Delicious. Crockpot? Easy. When I chose this recipe, I thought it was a winner. And I win a lot when it comes to new recipes. Basically, I'm a winner! And there are days where I live in a fantasy world and I think I'm superwoman. I mean, I teach all day, come home and play house, play with baby, cook dinner, get baby ready for bed and there is nothing that can stop me. EXCEPT....

The pukies. The pukies are my kryptonite. The night this dinner was on the menu, I was dysfunctional. Granted, this is summer and I hadn't taught all day, I had puked all day so I was tired, k? That meant husband had to cook dinner AND take care of me AND take care of baby. With that being said, there was only so much time and effort that could be put towards dinner.

They started out looking good enough, with the bright colors of the peppers and the onion. To a normal nose, I'm sure it smelled delicious but to my nose, it smelled like dog poo. Some fresh air cured that until I had to come back inside to throw up.

So in order to make these fajitas delicious for the husband to enjoy, we needed tortillas, sour cream, guacamole and cheese. Mmmmmmmmmmm, sounds delicious.

1. Husband accidentally threw away the tortillas in a fit of fridge cleaning madness the day before.
2. The cheese didn't get grated.
3. The guacamole didn't get made.
4. The sour cream didn't get used.

What the heck kind of dinner IS this?!?! Well, husband said it was good but would have been better with tortillas, sour cream, guacamole and cheese. Basically all the ingredients that actually make a fajita good. Were they good? I don't know. What did they look like in the end? I don't know. Should you try this recipe? I don't know.

i'll never know...



But just in case you're curious...

No comments:

Post a Comment