Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Energy Bites

"HOLY PEANUT BUTTER BALLS, BATMAN!!" Pow! Thwack! Chomp!

Yes, I've already made these but they were so good I had to make them again and this time, they come with a picture juuuuust so you can see how good I am at recreating an original piece of culinary art. But the sad fact is that a toddler could recreate these balls so anyway.

Seriously, this is one of the easiest recipes I've ever come across and the fact that they are a 10 out of 10 is kind of a "sealed for life" relationship between me and the peanut butter balls. The first time I made them, I used regular size chocolate chips and made the balls much bigger but you could only eat 1 or 2 at a time because they were so rich. Wish I was. Regardless, this time, I used those teeny, tiny, precious little chocolate chips and these were better for a few reasons...

1. They are cuter.
2. It is almost guaranteed that you will get a chocolate chip in EVERY bite (which is important).
3. You SEE more chocolate so you get more excited.

You can wipe out the smaller balls with 1, MAYBE 2 bites (if you're polite and eat like a prude) but usually one bite will do it. For some reason, this doesn't make them seem so rich so you can chow down and feel shame later. They're healthy though, I just remembered. So never mind about feeling shame.

These should be on your grocery list for next week. No joke. I'm serious. Fo' real.



Here you go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment