Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Glaze

The day I made these, I also made three other things.

1. peanut butter cheerio treats
2. pumpkin and spice cake cookies
3. zucchini brownies

One of these was a total winner, one was beyond disgusting, one was "not bad", and this one? Well, let's see...

Before I got these ready, I asked Husband to get the brownies out of the oven because I was apparently busy for some reason. I plopped these cookies on the cookie sheet and put them in the oven. The timer went off 12 minutes later. I got them out of the oven and to my shock, they were still raw. I was sooooo seriously confused.

I looked at the oven. OFF. Husband had turned the oven off so I was trying to bake cookies with no heat. Did he not realize this set me back 12 minutes?! HELLO! I have a life!

Anyway, I burned batch 1 but really, the burned ones LOOKED better with the glaze on them and the second batch looked exactly like my pumpkin/spice cake cookies.

The icing was made with powdered sugar. I have made two or three cookie recipes before with powdered sugar in the icing and I hated it. This was no exception. The icing tasted like dirty dirt. Nasty. The cookie? Not bad. I could only eat the cookies without icing.

As far as making this cookie again (minus icing), I don't think I will. It wasn't fantastic. But of course, Husband loved it. Just like he loved the other recipes that used icing like this. You can take his word or mine.


Choose wisely...
http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/pumpkin-cookies/

No comments:

Post a Comment