Saturday, October 5, 2013

Margarita Chicken Quesadillas

Calling all alcoholics!!!!

For real, calling all alcoholics!! There is an insane amount of tequila in this recipe. Like, half a bottle worth of tequila. Or at least that's what it tasted like.

The ingredient list is so appetizing. Orange juice and honey? Mmmmmm. Tequila? PAAAARTAY!!!

I don't drink alcohol often. And when I do, it has to be fruity with no hint of alcohol. As I was cooking this, the tequila was singeing the hairs in my nose and making my eyebrows stand up. I swear my eyes were watering. I had hope that the amount of other ingredients would mask the black death called "tequila".

I served up Husband first before trying it myself. He was all "MMMMMMMMM!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!"

I took one bite. Gagged. Took one more bite. I was done. I was eating chicken flavored tequila. It was so dang nasty.

I've decided I will keep the recipe but I will 100% leave out the tequila next time. Tequila is for the birds. Is that the right phrase?


Ew, all around.
http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/margarita-chicken-quesadilla-with-margarita-guacamole/

No comments:

Post a Comment