Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mexican Shrimp Cocktail

I went to Papadeux's (I don't EVEN know how to spell that) once and had this shrimp cocktail contraption and fell in love and have tried multiple times since then to reproduce it. I'm sure as you can imagine, each time was a complete failure.

Guess what. This was no exception. I hate the picture on Pinterest for looking so good because it made me spend the money on the ingredients and mine sucked.

Hers looks all thick and juicy whereas mine was runny (I'm assuming I used the same "V8" as her) and tasted like shrimp. And tomatoes. And green onions. And onion. And avocado  Yet for some reason, the flavors didn't mix together and what I'm saying makes absolutely no sense. Yet it's true. Boooooooooring.

It was SO boring that I didn't even take it for lunch the next day. I sat in my classroom and pouted with my peanut butter and crackers.


http://www.buyplaya.com/blogs/rob_kinnon/archive/2010/08/16/lunch-at-la-suegra-de-john-gray-in-puerto-morelos.aspx

1-2 lb shelled and cooked shrimp (50-60 count)
 2 large chopped tomatoes
 ½ small white onion (chopped)  
2 green onions (chopped)
½ cup cilantro slightly chopped
½ jalapeno (diced with seeds)
1 avocado (chopped)
tomato juice (V8)
lime juice
salt and pepper
Mix all in glass bowl and chill; serve with crackers or tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment