Sunday, January 26, 2014

Brown Sugar Barbecue Chicken

I get to claim this recipe as my own! For once, I didn't copy something I found on Pinterest.

I came up with this recipe all by my little self and I'm really proud because it's delicious. I had two others concur that frankly, this was the bomb.

I will elaborate more at a later date, but I am eating better. We all are. I was home with a sick little boy and knew I had plenty of time to think about a semi healthy dinner. I saw there were huge chicken parts in the freezer so I got the bag out to grab a few.

First, before I even started, on the front of the bag there were big letters that said "YOUNG CHICKEN". How sad!!! I'M EATING BABIES!! Anyway...

I've learned through my Pinterest trials that there are some good marinades out there. Since I had about 7 hours until dinner, I wanted to find something good so the chicken would be nice and juiced up.

The previous night, we had cooked some sausage links and Husband had bought some KC original barbecue sauce that was on sale. It was actually really good. There was plenty left so I thought I would just use it up.



But it didn't stop there. I thought "Hmmmmmm, how about some brown sugar?!" *good choice*

Let me break it down for you:

1- I added the remaining 3/4 bottle of barbecue sauce into a gallon bag.
2- I added 3/4 c. brown sugar. I closed the bag and shook my booty until it was well mixed.
3- I put the thawed chicken (3 leg looking parts) in, got all the air out of the bag and let it sit.
4- I turned the bag over every hour so each side got the same amount of goodness to soak in.
5- I marinated for about 5 hours.

I got a pan that had holes in it (like a pizza pan), sprayed it and set the oven at 350. I've learned that if you just use a cookie sheet, the chicken sits in that juice and the bottom doesn't get crispy. I put the cookie sheet on the shelf below the chicken to catch all the juice.

I let it cook for about an hour. I just decided the top looked nice and it turned out to be the right amount of time. Ready for the final product? Feast your eyes on THIS...




Oh yeah. It was gooooooooood!! I suggest you give it a try, it will be worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment