Sunday, February 2, 2014

Avocado with Cottage Cheese

So I've been doing the whole "eating healthy" thing this year. I got the "my fitness pal" app and have been tracking my calories. I have worked out twice in one month but mostly staying under my calories that I'm given. As of yesterday, I've lost 5.4 lbs just from eating better. If I worked out more, I'm sure it would be much more than that. My husband and mother in law have been doing both and Husband has lost 17 lbs (so he's a muscle stick right now!) and my mother in law has lost 12.

With this app has come my desire to try newer, healthier foods. I saw this one on Pinterest and thought I would give it a shot. I hadn't had cottage cheese in probably 20 years but I was told to take a bite. So I took a bite, and it wasn't bad.

Alas, I tried the cottage cheese and avocado combo with a bit of salt and pepper. Here is what it looked like on Pinterest...


And here is what mine looked like...





It was VERY good! But be warned, it was extremely flavorful, a bit too flavorful so I couldn't finish it. I would recommend half an avocado with cottage cheese at a time. It's hard to explain unless you've tried it.

So I suggest you try it, just not all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment