Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mexican Tilapia

The day had come for me to do my grocery shopping. I slacked off all day and got to the store around 4:00 and it was so busy that I walked right back out. So nothing for dinner.

We had tilapia in the freezer. Husband said "NOT AGAIN!! WE HAD TILAPIA TWICE THIS WEEK!!" and I looked at him and said "Uhhhhhhhhh, do YOU want to cook dinner?"

Tilapia it was. He said he wanted to eat the mexican rice with it. Really honey? Mexican rice and tilapia?! So I got on Pinterest and typed in "mexican tilapia", laughing the whole time because that combination seemed to be non existent. A ton of recipes popped up. Oh.

I looked at the picture for this recipe and thought "I have that! I also have that! OOOh, and that too!! I can make this honey, I have everything we need!!" so we got really excited and I started pulling everything out.

I started with the tilapia, got it out.

The the salt, pepper, butter, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and then red onion. Oh wait. I don't have a red onion. I have a white onion! That will work!

Then I went for the corn. Oops! Sorry honey, don't have corn!!

Then I went for the green onions. Crap honey, I don't have those either.

It was time for the cilantro. Chirp, chirp, chirp...

HEY!! I HAVE FOIL!!

Now, I was in a hurry so I didn't REALLY  read the directions. The big part I missed was to only have three chipotle peppers and more importantly, to have them seeded. I just threw what was in the can into the food processor and off I went.

I only realized the extend of my mistake when I took the first bite of the dinner I thought I had everything for. You know that scene in Jurassic Park when Lexi has the green jello on her spoon and she just stared straight ahead and started shaking? That was me. Intense.

Despite the epic fail, it was really good, even without all the ingredients so I'm sure that with ALL the ingredients it would be ten times better. I totally recommend this only I strongly recommend you seed the peppers.


Add it!
http://cookininheels.blogspot.com/2013/01/mexican-baked-tilapia.html





No comments:

Post a Comment