Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I'm back on the cooking wagon. I fell off there for a little bit but now I'm back with a barrage of recipes to share. I'll start with this tasty sounding treat.

AS USUAL, I was excited to get with this recipe because it involved cookies. We were craving something sweet so I knew it was time.

I started with #1 on the directions. With my kitchenaid mixer, stuff like this is just more fun. I put the butter in, whipped it a bit, added this ingredient, that ingredient and step #1 was finished.

By this point, the batter looked suspiciously like vomit. Ew. On to step #2...

I whisked the dry ingredients together and made a mess trying to get it into the mixing bowl without having to turn it off to prevent my hand from being yanked off. That was a fun clean up so probably only 3/4 of that mixture made it into the bowl. On to step #3...

WHAT?!?! CHILL FOR AN HOUR?!?! Dang. Not reading everything in advance seriously comes around to bite me in the butt way too much. So I waited...and waited...and waited...boring. Lost the thrill of baking these cookies.

1 hour later...

I started following directions for step #4 and step #5. Fairly simple but so important. Last sentence for step #5..."Use a glass with a nice, flat bottom to dip in sugar and flatten the balls." Excuse me lady, I've baked enough cookies to know that I don't need to flatten S---! Cookies always spread out. Derr.

Oh. Or not.

I had cake balls everybody!! Guess I should have followed directions. These balls were very cakey, less cookie and didn't have as much flavor as you would think. You know how I know that? I ate about 5 of them.

In the meantime, it's pushing 8:30 at night I realized I hadn't worked out yet. You see, I'm doing the Insanity workout program and it really, really sucks. But you know what doesn't suck? The results. So after letting these sit for a bit, I went and put my workout clothes on and rolled the balls for batch 2. I got my flat bottomed glass and mooshed the cookies down. I put them in the oven and started working out. When the time went off, I paused (was grateful for the break) and took the cookies out.



Even though I mashed them, they still came out super thick and cakey. You know how I know that? I ate about 5 of them.

On to batch 3!!! I rolled the balls and took that glass and smashed those stupid balls to within an inch of their life. These stupid cookies were getting the best of me. In the oven and back to the workout.



Too thin and crunchy. For real. You know how I know that? I ate about 5 of them. So much for working out.




http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/11/05/pumpkin-snickerdoodles/

No comments:

Post a Comment