Saturday, February 16, 2013

Crockpot Honey Mustard Chicken and Potatoes


You might ask how it’s possible to ruin a crock pot meal because the crock pot does the cooking for you. It must be known that crock-potting is an art! 

You have to make sound judgments about which of the 4 temperature buttons will be right for the size meat you have, the temperature of the meat when entering the pan of doom, and texture of meat you want when all is said and done. I think you at least need to have taken statistics, calculus and physics to get the perfect crock pot meal. For this meal, I'm assuming some higher level education science course was needed that I didn't take.

I guess I was thrown by the "if you are looking for something simple, easy and scrumptious to make for dinner, this is it". It sounded like all I needed was a kindergarten graduation diploma.

I followed the directions verbatim but ended up with charcoal. 

After staring at it for a few minutes, Husband and I looked at each other and I said "Well, there's always Taco Bell".

But being the trooper that he is, he poked it a bit and said that he would eat it. What's a little burnt chicken gonna do? So he chewed on it. As did I. No need to waste food. 

We did not eat the leftovers.


Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment