Sunday, February 3, 2013

Portobello Mushroom Pizza

Go ahead and scroll down to the original picture.

You can't tell me that that doesn't look delicious!! It looks good and sounds good.

So let me tell you how it really went down.

First off, they must live in a place where portobello mushrooms grow to the size of basketballs. But in Texas, these anomalies don't exist. The biggest they had were about the size of a small apple so I was hoping that stuffing wasn't going to be impossible.

Let me begin with the cheese. I needed parmigiano reggiano cheese. It is shredded in the picture so I assumed it came shredded. As you might assume, it was in the "fancy" cheese section and this girl doesn't shop fancy cheeses. If it's not Kraft or Sargento, I've never heard of it. Yet there it was!! Shredded! I was thrilled this exotic cheese actually existed in Texas. Then I turned it over to look at the price of this small tub of cheese. $10. I blurted out "OH HEEEEEELL NO!" and dug for a cheaper tub but none existed. Then I found a tub of chunks of this cheese for $3.84. About the same ounce amount. What the heck? I'll shred it myself and save $6.

I got all the other ingredients cut up, ready to mix, gutted the mushroom and then I got my trusty, handy dandy  saladmaster to shred the cheese. Y'all, this cheese was like plastic. It would NOT shred. I was terrified that I was going to cut my fingers off with that turny blade thing I was pushing and turning so hard. So I tried a hand grater and about took my knuckles off and at the rate the cheese was shredding, Baby would be off to college. So I employed Husband's muscles and after a few minutes, he got the job done.

After all was said and done, I realized that I would have paid $10 to have this crap already shredded for me.

AAAAnyway, I got the mushrooms stuffed, the cheese sprinkled on top and it was smelling good and I was munching on leftover cheese while the mushrooms cooked.

In the end, we gave this dish a 5 and it was NOT worth all the trouble of shredding that stupid cheese. If anything, it would be a good appetizer but not for a meal. So does it look good? Yes. Does it taste good? Eh.


Just in case you don't believe me...
http://archive.bodyrock.tv/2011/06/25/delicious-healthy-pizza-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment