Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sour Cream Cookies

I'm back! I apologize for my lack of culinary adventures. Life has kind of taken over. But I do have a YUMMY recipe for you!! I'm so proud that I finally have a winner. Let me start...

I didn't read the directions before choosing to do this recipe. So when it came time to decide to make these *two week ago*, I looked at the directions and read that I needed to chill the dough for about an hour. That automatically put this recipe in the trash. Literally. I am an instant gratification kind of person and I don't want to wait around to make something.

Yet, at the childish urging of Husband, I pulled it out of the trash and proceeded. Since I threw the recipe away after reading "chill for one hour", I didn't read the rest and as I continued to read, I was once again given an annoying direction that I wasn't happy about. One reason being that I didn't want to do it, second being I didn't have the utensil.

Roll the dough out with a rolling pin. EFFORT! No thank you! I didn't have a rolling pin. But I'm creative so I compromised.


After rolling out the dough, I had to use a cookie cutter. I had a few shapes to choose from and since I'm a mature adult, I didn't use the shape I received at my bachelorette party...

I chose a flower! It was hard and annoying to get the spatula under the dough in order to transfer an uncompromised flower shape to the cookie sheet but I obviously did it. So I baked them and OH MY GOODNESS!!!! They were heavenly! Melt in your mouth, soft, bouncy, light, just plain awesome.

I followed the directions for the icing verbatim but it tasted absolutely awful. I did two tries and it was just nasty. Now, I have a minor in art so I'm pretty good with colors and what not. I guess I had a blip when trying to make purple. I ended up with this...

Ew.
But on the second try I was able to successfully create blue. But the blue didn't save the taste. I ended up scraping the icing off all the cookies I ate. Husband liked it but he's a dude so he'll eat anything.

Anyway, you need to hear me.....THESE COOKIES ARE AWESOME! Just use pre-made icing.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment