Sunday, October 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares

Considering I hate bananas unless they are still in the peel and the peel is still green, I really stepped out of my shell to try this recipe but only because it had the ingredient that is probably the cause of some cellulite on my hiney.

PEANUT BUTTER.

I can tear up some peanut butter.

And I'm afraid that because of that fact, pigs have flown...

I am on a diet. Kinda. I get to blame the cholesterol (and my doctor for ruining my day with that news).

I haven't had a Dr. Pepper in two days!!! And I only had ONE mini snickers today!! I'm so proud of myself. But I've kind of had a few oreos. And a taquito. And a brownie cookie. Dang.

These sounded healthy so I tried them. They were SUPER easy to make and they smelled delicious going into the oven and coming out.

But alas, I was disappointed. They SMELL amazing but they lack flavor. Despite all the yummies that are in the recipe, they are kind of bland. Husband only took a few bites (I wish he would stop doing that and just man up and EAT IT!!) I love you honey.

I got one bite of un-mushed banana and it was revolting. This tasty sounding treat gets a 5 out of 10. So sad.


http://gingerbreadbagels.com/2011/03/22/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-squares/

No comments:

Post a Comment