Sunday, October 14, 2012

Avocado Chicken Parmigiano

Mmmmmmmmmm. First thing that came to mind when I saw the picture of this.

The best part about this dinner? The squash. You know, the squash you see in the background? It was the bomb.

But don't fret. The next best part? The rolls. Dang, the rolls were delicious.

The next best part? The oreos I had for dessert. I could put back some oreos.

And the water? Oh. Em. Gee. Best water ever.

The chicken? Sucked.

It all started with my getting really excited when I bought the meat masher to beat the crap out of the chicken. I've never done it before so I was really looking forward to it. Once I got the chicken between the saran wrap and started pounding, I started feeling kind of guilty. The more I pounded and saw chunks of chicken squishing out, the guiltier I felt. It's like I was saying "Oh little chicken! Dying wasn't enough for you?! Here, let me rub salt in the wound you little bawk bawk bawker!!"

I had my thin chicken now :( It was really starting to look good as I was putting it all together. The recipe says that once I bread it, to cook it on each side 4 minutes then cook about 7 minutes more and it's done. Really? I had to cook it about 20 minutes and by then the avocados were nice and toasty, and not in a good way.

The final verdict came when I took a bite and was completely underwhelmed. The chicken was bland and I guess the combo of flavors just didn't mix. I don't know. I LOVE avocado's and they were just plain nasty on this dish. I give it a 4 out of 10.

Me no likey.


Anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment