Friday, August 9, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Alas!! The day came where I finally decided that I would put all my cooking experience to the test and create my own recipe.

Of course I chose a dessert. Who wouldn't.

I have baked A LOT of cupcakes, cakes and cookies over the years. I thought I had an idea of what it would take to create a cupcake of my own. I pulled some ingredients I knew would be necessary.

Without going into great detail, I'll just mention what I used

3 c. flour
1 package vanilla pudding mix (I had it, why not try it?)
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. cinnamon (oh yeah)
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

This mixture looked sufficient and smelled delicious so I was satisfied. On to the wet ingredients...

1 c. butter
3/4 c. honey (I decided to use this instead of sugar, read it was a great alternative)
1 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. pumpkin puree

I started with the wet ingredients in my handy dandy mixer (that I LOOOOOVE, thanks mom!). After mixing a while, the contents looked like puke. Much like the pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies I made. I slowly added the dry ingredients and the smell was just uuuuuuuh-mazing. The mixture looked to be the perfect consistency and I was getting extremely proud of myself. I poured the mixture into the cupcake pan and baked them at 350 for 25 minutes.

In the meantime, I made the frosting. I decided to go with cream cheese frosting.

4 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. cinnamon (oh yeah)

The frosting was the bomb before it even went on the cupcakes. I would have eaten it all with a spoon.



NOW FOR THE VERDICT (dun, dun, dun...)




Not bad!!! The cupcakes had KIND OF a weird density, I can't really place why. The taste was 95% delicious, there was just a tiny bitter taste afterwards. Again, don't know why. But the frosting, oh muh guw, sooooo good.

I plan on making these again but I am going to change a few things. I am going to add 1 more c. of flour, 1/2 tbsp. less of cinnamon (dang), only do 1/2 c. honey and add 1/4 c. sugar.

Hopefully that will get me the perfect cupcake but I have no clue if it really will. If you have any suggestions, please share them!




No comments:

Post a Comment