Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Pecan Mini Bundt

After 4.5 months of pregnancy, I FINALLY had energy today to do some baking!

I started out making Ninja Turtle cookies for a coworker and you can see those here.

Then I decided to get creative and take two recipes I've made and kind of tweak it a bit to make my own "thing". I named this "thing" a pumpkin spice pecan mini bundt. That's the best I could come up with.

I was originally going to make my pumpkin spice cookies (I tried those here) but decided that I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to see if they would bake good in little mini bundt form. All I had to do was mix a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. I baked them at 375 for about 17 minutes and they turned out perfect.

Then I thought I should top them off with my yummy cream cheese cinnamon frosting. Here is what I used:

4 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. softened butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. cinnamon

After I pulled the cakes out of the oven, I put the frosting into a smaller bowl and warmed it up for 15 seconds. I spooned it over the top, letting it drizzle all pretty like over the edges, then added nuts and a pinch of cinnamon.

These are pretty darn tasty and a perfect fall treat! If you try them, I hope you like them!


No comments:

Post a Comment