Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake

Oh yeah.

Chocolate!

Pumpkin!

Cake!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! Bring it.

Fall is on the horizon and my tail is wagging. I love fall. I love the smells, the colors, the decorations, my Yankee Candle Boney Bunch collection, and most of all, the food. OMG the food.

This recipe doesn't start from a box. It's all from scratch which is what appealed to me because I really had no idea what to expect. As I was throwing everything together and getting big, fat whiffs, I was in heaven. There was children's laughter filling the air (then fighting, crying and pushing over toys), The Lion King was on, girl talk was in full force, and I was using my kitchenaid mixer. Things were perfect.

I put the mixture into the bundt pan and popped it in and waited the obligatory hour. When done, it slipped right out of the pan and was just glowing with deliciousness. I didn't have forever to wait for it to cool to put the powdered sugar on so I just put it on. I learned two things this day.

#1- It is really fun when you put the powdered sugar in a strainer and sprinkle it. It remind me of Flowers in the Attic :/

#2- If you put powdered sugar on a hot cake, it immediately turns nasty yellow. I suppose it would work in this instance because it's a fall cake and yellow is a fall color. So sure. I guess it's ok.

The verdict? Pretty darn good. There might have been a bit too much spice added but overall, the more I ate (and the more and more and more I ate), the better it tasted so...

MAKE THIS CAKE!!!


Mmmmmmm
http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/2012/10/chocolate-pumpkin-spice-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment