Monday, July 16, 2012

Jalapeno Creamed Corn

Straight from the prairie comes a wholesome, totally unhealthy side dish that is quoted as being "the only side dish you'll ever need". Where to begin with this one...

1. I love corn.
2. I love cream cheese.
3. I love butter.
4. I love jalapenos.
5. I love cheese.
6. I love to cook.
7. I love to eat. A lot.
8. But most of all, I love the commentary from the husband.

Husband gives this dish an 8 out of 10! WINNER!! This dish was so delicious I had to eat it with my eyes closed but then had to promptly open them because here comes baby trying to get a handful of his own. But there were things about the recipe that made no sense to me. It said the butter and cream cheese had to be room temperature. I understand this for stirring purposes but let's talk butter here. When you buy butter, it's cold. You keep it in the fridge so it's ALWAYS cold. So when the recipes calls for room temperature, that means I would have to take the butter out of the fridge and just wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.

But nooooooo, I can't melt it just to rush things along because that would be silly! Despite the fact that the butter will be melted two seconds after I stick the dish in the oven. Perhaps there is a reasoning here that I'm not seeing.

There are pro's and con's to this yummy side dish.

Pro's:
- delicious
- easy
- feeds a lot of people

Con's:
- it's SO creamy you can only eat a little bit but it's enough to satisfy that side dish desire
- because you can only eat so much, that leaves a lot left over


So you NEED to make this but I would say it's best for a bigger family, not just two people. We will be eating on this for a month. And if it's not moldy by the time school starts, I'll probably be taking it for lunch.






Be smart and try it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment